NAHCA Conference, September 6-7, 2017
Each year, NAHCA celebrates and recognizes the great work of our CNA members during a national conference. This is a two-day event filled with recognition, education and motivation, leading up to the highlight of conference, the Key to Quality Awards Banquet.
Conference attendees will:
- Learn from nationally recognized speakers
- Network with peers from across the nation
- Participate in educational activities
- Be honored and recognized for their outstanding work
- Celebrate the caregiving profession
· Non-member registration: You may register here. The registration rate is; $405 per registrant; $380 each additional.
· Registration includes: Seven educational sessions and the Rally on Capitol Hill. Meals = breakfast (2), lunch (2), a reception with finger foods and drinks (1) and Admission to the Key to Quality Awards banquet (1). Conference materials = conference booklet, tote and conference t-shirt.
· Conference registration closes: Monday, August 7th, 2017 is the deadline for conference/lodging reservations. Registrations after midnight may not be accommodated based upon availability.
· The host property: The Renaissance Downtown Washington, DC is located at 999 Ninth St NW, Washington, DC 20001. Room reservations may be made by going to, https://aws.passkey.com/event/49078892/owner/545/home. The room rate is $239.41 per night, including tax. NAHCA continues to work with its partners to help minimize the cost of conference. We are offering to off-set two-night stay for rooms with at least two people in them, which is a savings of $478.82.
· Air transportation: The primary airport that supports Washington, DC is Reagan National Airport. The airport code is DCA. The airport is approximately 30 minutes away from the Renaissance Downtown which is where conference will be held.
· Ground transportation: NAHCA is currently working to establish a motor-coach contract to provide transportation during conference. Additional details will be published once the contract is finalized. The metro DC area also has several taxi companies, Uber, and public transportation. The Washington Metro system is very easy to use and inexpensive.
Scholarship Essay Contest:
· Scholarship: Because of generous contributions from CENTENE, Medline and Van Dyk Healthcare, NAHCA can award scholarships to deserving CNAs who compose noteworthy essays based upon the conference theme. This years’ theme is, “Passion Into Action: CNAs Taking the Hill.”
· Contest requirements: Contestants must submit an essay between 300 and 500 words in length that describes how they transform the passion they have for frail, elder and disabled people into action daily. The essays may be completed online. They may also mail their essays to 501 East 15th Street, Joplin, MO 64804. Additionally, they may be faxed to 417-623-2230.
· Deadline: Monday, July 17th, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. CDST.
Early Conference Registration:
· When: Registration opens at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 5th, 2017 and closes at 8:00 p.m.
· Where: Conference attendees will check into the hotel in the main lobby. Conference registration will be held on the conference room level. Attendees may take the escalator or elevator down to the conference center level where we will be waiting to help get you registered.
· Who: Members of the National Steering Commission and NAHCA staff will be available to help conference attendees navigate hotel and conference registration. Members are invited to check-in and go through the conference registration process as early as possible to avoid the rush.
· How: When you are checking into the hotel, you will need your photo IDs, a form of payment to cover lodging and incidentals and it may also be helpful to have a photocopy of your credit card authorization form. When checking-in with the NAHCA team, you will just need to provide your name and possibly your center’s name if it was part of a group registration.